Special Rates for Race Weekend
Directions / Parking / Public Transit
Marathon Park, the historic starting point of the half-marathon/5K event, is located at 350 Pleasant St. in Ashland, a town of approximately 15,000 people in Metrowest Boston, part of the Middlesex county of Massachusetts. The Greater Boston metroplex, the 10th largest population center in the United States, has 4.6 million residents.
Marathon Park is easliy accessible via the state highway system. As the crow flies, Marathon Park is less than:
- 2 miles fromMassachusetts Turnpike, or Interstate-90, which stretches west from Logan Airport in Boston to Rockford, Ill.
- 5 miles from Route 495, the outer beltway in the Metro Boston highway system which circles the metropolitian area from Cape Cod to the New Hampshire border.
- 14 miles from Route 128, inner beltway in Metro Boston highway system which, as Interstate-95, winds from Maine to Miami.
- 17 miles from Worcester, the second largest city in New England with a population over 180,000.
- 25 miles from Boston proper, the largest city in New England with a population of approximately 625,000 (1 million when college is in session).
PLEASANT STREET WILL CLOSE TO TRAFFIC FROM 9:45am to 1:00pm
For those arriving before 9:45 am there is free parking at the Connect Church parking lot on Pleasant Street directly across from the VFW, Worcester Air Conditioning on Pleasant Street and the MBTA lot next to Burnham’s.
After 9:45 am, please park in the MBTA Parking lot which can be accessed for Route 135 / West Union Street
On Route 135 (Union Street), take turn into MBTA access road next to free-standing Dunkin Donuts at 41 West Union St., Ashland. Follow road all the way to the Train Station Parking Area (free on Saturday & Sunday for the event), park and then cross over tracks by foot by way of T elevator/ stairway.
Take the Train to Marathon Park…