The Ashland Sporting Authority and the Ashland Half-Marathon & 5K Organizing Committee thank you for signing up for and participating in Sunday’s race. We look forward to a great event and welcome you to where it all began, Marathon Park. Please discover our history and then make some of your own!
Here’s a checklist of a few things to keep in mind as you prepare for the race. Additional questions you may have may be answered on the schedule right or on our Details/FAQs page (see link below right). Check there and, if not, send us an e-mail (link on homepage) and we will try to help you out…
- The race starts at 10:30 sharp at Marathon Park, so be ready to toe the line.
- Race-day registration is open at 7:30 a.m. until 10 a.m. Number and T-shirt pick-up is at the VFW Post, 350 Pleasant St..
- A early numbers/packet pick-up opportunity is also available on Saturday, Oct. 26 from 10 a..m.-1 p.m. at the VFW.
- Free parking is available at six lots surrounding the Marathon Park area (see map link below).
- Pleasant Street will close to traffic at 9 a.m. You will not be able to drive up to the starting area after that time. No exceptions. Please plan accordingly.
- Transportation via the MBTA Commuter Rail Boston-Worcester line is available on Sunday. Please consult the schedule linked on our Trans/Parking page linksed on our homepage.
- There will be a marked bag drop area near the race expo behind the VFW guarded by race officials. You will be allowed to leave the designated bag from Marathon Sports there for pick-up after the race. No other bags allowed. No exceptions.
- Finisher medals will be handed out at the finish line. Please be patient as volunteers hand these out. Be forewarned: Runners are responsible for collecting their own medals. Please do not leave event without your medal. No excuses accepted after the event.
- Top Finisher medals will be awarded at Marathon Park as soon as the top runners in each division finish.
- Trophies for the fastest team and the largest team will be awarded at the race expo following the race.
- There will be a portable bathroom available at approximately Mile 5 on the half course with others located near the finish line and at the VFW.
- There is a time limit for each race: 45 minutes for the 5K and 3 hours for the half-marathon.
- There are six water stops for the Half/one for the 5K. Locations are available on the FAQs page.
- All registered runners are welcome to the post-race party at the VFW and will receive a ticket for a meal and a beverage upon registering. See menu in bottom item on schedule board above.